Monday 6 February 2012

Osu! News, perspectives and schedule

Osu! I sincerely hope that the karate year 2012 has started successfully for everyone!

One of our family traditions is to train on December 31st and on January 1st. This tradition follows my own tradition and is gladly supported by my husband. On December 31st, 2011, my husband and I have practiced lot of yakusoku kumite and jiyû kumite. Then each of us has chosen a kata to perform. Sergey has performed Gankaku twice, and I have chosen my tokui kata: Nijû Shi Hô and Sôchin. In the morning of January 1st, 2012, we have practiced all Heian kata. Therefore, I think that we have done a good transition from the karate year 2011 to the karate year 2012.

I have spent the end of December and the whole January in my native city of Novosibirsk. My personal training in January was devoted to two things: 1) increasing the speed of some technique combinations, 2) Gojû Shi Ho Shô and Gojû Shi Ho Dai. I believe that studying Gojû Shi Ho kata should be started from Shô variant, then moving to Dai variant. But this is the topic of a separate post.

My current training schedule: I train on all days except Saturday either in the Freiburg dôjô or in Tora Jo dôjô (my home dôjô).

My current teaching schedule:

Wednesday:
  20:00-21:30 - training for all belts, shared with Matthias.

Thursday:
  19:30-21:00 - beginners course

Friday:
  18:30-20:00 - kyû grades training, shared with Alex. Officially up to 4th kyû, but higher belts are also always welcome!
  20:00-21:30 - Ryôzanpaku Tiger's kata training for senior belts. Recommended from 5th kyû.

The general schedule of the Freiburg dôjô can be found here: Training schedule of the Freiburg dôjô

No comments:

Post a Comment