Tora Jo dôjô: Supplementary materials for kata training - дополнительные материалы для тренировки по ката: Sôchin
Please remember: none of videos and books can replace a practice in dôjô!
I provide the names of techniques as well as their numbers according to the book of Nakayama Masatoshi "Best Karate. Vol. 10. Unsu, Sôchin, Nijû Shi Ho". Kodansha International, 1987. If some other names are used, then the source is provided.
1. migi gedan uke, hidari jôdan age uke - the movement starts from covering your centerline, don't go forward being open. Both arms move to centerline. Right arm moves from right to left, forearm is vertical and covers jôdan, straight left arm moves from left to right and covers chûdan and gedan. Preparative movement in a block is a block itself. Hips are in hanmi.
2. migi chûdan tate shutô uke - hips are in shomen. Slow and powerful block.
5. migi ken sokumen jôdan uchi uke, hidari ken sokumen gedan uke - have a strong feeling of going forward, don't learn back.
6. migi ken gedan uke, hidari ken jôdan uke - see notes for 1.
7. migi chûdan tate shutô uke - see notes for 2.
10. migi ken sokumen jôdan uchi uke, hidari ken sokumen gedan uke - see notes for 5.
11. migi ken gedan uke, hidari ken jôdan uke - see notes for 1.
12. migi chûdan tate shutô uke - see notes for 2.
15. hidari jôdan yoko uraken uchi, hidari chûdan yoko keage - don't make a pause after turn before kick and strike, turn with immediate technique.
17. migi jôdan yoko uraken uchi, migi chûdan yoko keage - see notes for 15.
27. hidari ken jôdan ura zuki / migi jôdan naiwan hineri uke / migi chûdan mae geri - make strong technique with both arms, don't forget right arm.
28. migi jôdan ura zuki / hidari jôdan naiwan hineri uke - make strong technique with both arms, don't forget left arm.
29-30. migi jôdan mikazuki geri, migi shô kôhô e nobasu - migi gedan uke, hidari jôdan age uke - don't turn your hips too early into sôchin dachi. Keep hips in shomen after the kick, then step forward into sôchin dachi with strong double block.
37. shisei sono mama, migi chûdan mae geri - don't go up while kicking.
I will update this list further, adding some more notes. Please watch the announcement list above!
I sincerely hope that this will help you to perfect the kata further. Osu!